Community Disability Services Worker (CDSW)
Programs: Day Program, Rspace and Residential Program
Opportunities exist for full-time, part-time, evening (after 4pm), overnights and weekends.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting individuals with developmental disabilities to achieve personal, vocational, and recreational goals. To promote and encourage independence and help individuals make healthy and wise choices within their daily lives.
Ideal candidates will have knowledge of and/or experience working with
- people with developmental disabilities
- people with challenging behaviors (training regarding verbal and physical intervention strategies is an asset)
- persons with unique needs
- people with mental health challenges
- provide supports in a home environment:
- assist with and teach cleaning,
- assist with and teach basic cooking
- assist with light home maintenance,
- provide supports with budgeting, and personal spending
- teach life skills,
- encourage and support various hobbies and/or recreational pursuits
- provide supports in a community environment for social and community interaction during evenings and weekends:
- accessing social & recreational activities,
- attend & help access community venues,
- assist with & teach acceptable social norms,
- encourage friendships and social interaction
- coach positive healthy relationships with friends and family
This position is suitable for a student looking for a paid co-op experience, or someone looking to supplement their income through part-time work.
Temporary agreements are available based on semester availability; casual agreements are available for those who are able to commit to a regular schedule lasting six months or more.
Peak offers comparable wages for the disability field. Wage premiums are topped up for evenings and weekend shifts as well as for those employees working with individuals who are considered to have complex needs.
Part-time hours: 15-37 per week
Application deadline: until positions are filled
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Internship, Casual, Permanent
Salary: From $17.25 per hour
Employees are required to wear PPE daily – Face Mask, KN95, face shields or goggles, gloves, etc. Sanitizing areas multiple times per day, increased cleaning, etc. Daily Screening for symptoms.